Dear Parents / Carers,
As I am sure you are aware our school is in a COVID 19 Tier 4 area and the new strain has significantly increased the number of people who are being infected. The safety of our children and staff remains our prime concern. As result, on the advice of the Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), we have taken the difficult decision, at short notice, to delay the opening of our school. This is to enable us to review our risk assessments and put in place any further safety measures that may be needed.
At the direction of the Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), Monday 4th January (tomorrow) will now be an INSET day and our school will be closed to all children. On Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th January school will now be open to vulnerable children and children from Keyworker families only. If you wish your child to attend under either of these categories please contact the school and leave a message on (01843) 223989 and firstname.lastname@example.org - staff will get back to you at some stage tomorrow. All other children will be taught via remote learning (details of how this is organised will be shared on Monday 4th – tomorrow). We intend to open our school to all children from Thursday 7th January, but this is subject to any changes to national guidance. We will of course let you know of any changes as soon as we know.
This decision has not been taken lightly and we fully appreciate the inconvenience this will cause, but the safety of the children and staff comes first. We are grateful for your understanding and continued support during this most difficult of times. We share your ambition and hope for school to be safely open for all children as soon as we possibly can and return to normal education and school life.
Mr J Manclark