1st - Chester (year 3) 94.3%
2nd - Chichester (year 2) 94.1%
3rd - Edinburgh (year 5) 93.3%
At Drapers Mills Primary Academy we expect good attendance and punctuality. Our aim is for 100% attendance and punctuality.
We Believe that:
. Good Attendance gives children every opportunity to influence their future quality of life and reach their full potential.
. Attendance is closely linked to achievement. The better your child's attendance, the better their grades are!
. Good attendance helps children in developing friendships.
. Punctuality is important. It is habit forming and shows commitment to the importance of working and learning.
A true partnership between home and school is vital to good attendance and we appreciate your support
1. Telephone the school on 01843 223989 and press option 1 before 9.30 am to report your child absence.
2. Notify the school well in advance of any medical or dental appointments.
3. Respond to school enquiries about unexplained absence.
4. Provide evidence, such as medicine provided by the Doctor.
5. Keep us well informed of any on-going medical conditions your child has that may affect their attendance.
6. Make sure you have alternative arrangements for a friend or relative to get your child to school in an emergency.
7. If you are not sure whether your child is well enough to attend school, bring them in anyway. They often perk up during the day, but we will contact you if they do not.
8. If your child has a well known childhood illness, contact the school for advice on recovery time. We have all the up to date information.
9. Ensure your child is not late for school and arrives in time for registration, by 8.45am when early morning activities are set in class.
10. Please contact Miss Pollard, the school's attendance officer, on 01843 223989 for any queries or further support.
Mary Brown is in Year 1
Her attendance rate is always around 90%.
Her mum thinks this is pretty good!
So, what does an attendance rate of 90% look like?
90% attendance means that she is absent for the equivalent of one half-day every week.
Absent half a day every week!
In Year 1 Mary's attendance rate means that she has missed the equivalent of four whole weeks of lessons in the school year.
How much education has your child missed?