Early Years Foundation Stage
We want children to:
- Extend their cultural capital through a learning environment that actively encourages curiosity, inquisitiveness, problem-solving and a love of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where they feel happy and safe and where their learning and interests are valued to create autonomous, independent learners.
- Have strong attachments with adults who are consistent with expectations and behaviour that are an advocate for the child.
SLT and EYFS Lead will support all adults to understand our intent.
- Home visits, class visits and Stay and Play sessions, time to make parental links.
- Online learning journeys
- Supporting EAL home language and asking parents about learning
- Continuous provision linked to assessment and what you know about the children.
- Quality teaching both indoors and outdoors through modelling, describing, questioning and reminding.
- Enhancements/learning priorities for practising/applying.
- Direct teaching opportunities.
- Utilising the children's interests.
- Behaviour system that all staff follow consistently- all adults stop and listen to what has happened.
- Opportunities for risk taking- supported and scaffolded!
Children will :
- Have the skills, knowledge, attitudes, thirst for learning, ready for their life long learning.
- Be willing to have a go, think critically, make links and apply learning across all areas of learning.
- Build confidence and resilience learning through mistakes.
- Be ready for the next stage in their education.