DON’T BULLY ME!
Advice for children about bullying from drapers mills Pastoral team.
WHAT IS BULLYING?
- When someone thinks its fun to make you sad or angry.
- If they won’t stop when you say I've had enough.
- If they say unkind things to you.
- If they won’t let anyone talk to you.
- If they take your friends away and leave you all alone.
- If they kick or punch, or hurt you on purpose.
The above would be classed as bullying if it happens repeatedly, this means more than once.
Why do bullies do it?
- Bullies may be jealous of you.
- They may feel bad inside and want you to feel bad as well.
- They my feel scared nobody likes them.
- They my be bullied at home and think its OK to bully you.
- They my think they are being clever.
Why do they bully me?
- Bullies bully because they have a problem.
- Bullies will find time any excuse to try to bully you!
How can I stop them?
- Tell an adult you trust and they will help you sort out the problem.
What should I do?
- Stand up straight
- Look the bully in the eyes
- Walk away without saying a word
This might make the bully stop because he or she is bored when you don't React.
If the bully continues to bother you:
- Take a deep breath, and say “NO” very loudly.
PRACTISE EACH DAY what you can say to the bully.
- GO AWAY
- LEAVE ME ALONE
- DON’T BULLY ME
What if I bully someone?
NO ONE WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH A BULLY.
PEOPLE ARE NICE TO BULLIES BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED OF THEM NOT BECAUSE THEY LIKE THEM.
THINK HOW SAD THE PERSON YOU ARE BULLYING FEELS.
THINK HOW NICE IT IS TO HAVE FRIENDS WHO REALLY LIKE YOU!
TELL AN ADULT YOU WANT TO STOP BEING A BULLY AND ASK FOR THEY HELP!
Where to go for help?
Who can help in school?
- My Teacher
- My Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Mrs Hitch
- Ms Dinsmore
- Mr Wilson